Sunday, February 12, 2012

Homemade Fabric Softener

To go along with my Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent, I made a batch of Homemade Fabric Softener. This recipe couldn't be easier. I could even have my 2 year old make it & it would still come out fine!


I use the Downy Ball for my fabric softener. I found it at Target for $2.29 and it works great. Especially since I don't have a fabric softener dispenser in my washer.

What You'll Need
1 container (an old fabric softener bottle, clean milk jug, etc)
6 cups HOT water
1 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar
1/2 bottle of conditioner (use a cheap brand, like Suave or VO5)



How To Make
This couldn't be easier. Fill your container with the ingredients, and shake it. THAT'S IT! To use it, just fill your Downy Ball to the MEDIUM line and toss in the washer.

You will seriously be amazed at how soft your clothes are! I know I sure was.

The total for this fabric softener will vary, depending on what conditioner you use. This batch costs me about $0.60 and it will last 6-8 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment